Saturday, March 7, 2009

Buckminster Fuller, Design Science,
and Bucky's Once-Protege,
My Sometimes Mentor Gil Friend


get blogs here

A designer is an emerging synthesis of artist, inventor, mechanic, objective economist and evolutionary strategist. -Buckminster Fuller (Bucky was a powerful influence on me, and certainly on my notion that the sustainability challenge is fundamentally a conversation about design.)

'If success or failure of this planet and of human beings depended on how I am and what I do, HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?' - R. Buckminster Fuller The Buckminster Fuller Intitute reoprts that details for...

Buckminster Fuller has been a major mentor for me, ever since encountering his work in the early 70s and running away from home to spend a month at his intensive World Game Workshop. Bucky's Self-Disciplines offer a useful and powerful...

~=~